Philippines navy completes mission after Chinese blockade

Kabar Medsos – Navy vessels from the Philippines successfully completed a resupply mission on Tuesday at a South China Sea outpost, its defense minister said, a day after its President rebuked China at an international summit for its blockade of the area.

Two vessels were unhindered earlier on Tuesday in reaching the Sierra Madre, a ship intentionally grounded decades ago at the Second Thomas Shoal, Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said in a statement.

A small boat was dispatched from a Chinese coast guard vessel with three people, who recorded the unloading of Philippine personnel and cargo, he said.

The Philippines and the United States last week condemned China’s coast guard for interrupting the mission and using water cannon on the resupply boats. The area is within the Philippines’ 200-mile exclusive economic zone.

“I have communicated to the Chinese ambassador that we consider these acts as a form of intimidation and harassment,” Lorenzana said.

The Chinese Embassy in Manila did not immediately respond to Reuters’ request for comment.

A small contingent of military have for years been based on the rusty ship at the shoal to assert the Philippines’ claim to sovereignty in the area.

President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday told a summit hosted by Chinese President Xi Jinping that he “abhors” what took place at the shoal last week and that the rule of law was the only way out of “colossal” rows in the South China Sea.

China claims the majority of the South China Sea as its own, using a “nine-dash line” on maps that an arbitration tribunal in 2016 ruled had no basis under international law.

It has for years deployed hundreds of vessels in big clusters to reinforce its claim.

Brunei, Malaysia, the Philippines, Taiwan and Vietnam have competing claims.


Angkatan Laut Filipina menyelesaikan misi setelah blokade China

Kabar Medsos – Kapal Angkatan Laut dari Filipina berhasil menyelesaikan misi pasokan pada hari Selasa di sebuah pos terdepan di Laut China Selatan, kata menteri pertahanannya, sehari setelah Presidennya menegur China pada pertemuan puncak internasional atas blokadenya terhadap daerah tersebut.

Dua kapal tidak terhalang sebelumnya pada hari Selasa dalam mencapai Sierra Madre, sebuah kapal yang sengaja dikandangkan beberapa dekade lalu di Second Thomas Shoal, Menteri Pertahanan Delfin Lorenzana mengatakan dalam sebuah pernyataan.

Sebuah kapal kecil dikirim dari kapal penjaga pantai China dengan tiga orang, yang mencatat pembongkaran personel dan kargo Filipina, katanya.

Filipina dan Amerika Serikat pekan lalu mengutuk penjaga pantai China karena mengganggu misi dan menggunakan meriam air di kapal pasokan. Daerah ini berada dalam zona ekonomi eksklusif 200 mil Filipina.

“Saya telah berkomunikasi dengan duta besar China bahwa kami menganggap tindakan ini sebagai bentuk intimidasi dan pelecehan,” kata Lorenzana.

Kedutaan Besar China di Manila tidak segera menanggapi permintaan komentar dari Reuters.

Sebuah kontingen kecil militer selama bertahun-tahun telah didasarkan pada kapal berkarat di beting untuk menegaskan klaim Filipina atas kedaulatan di daerah tersebut.

Presiden Rodrigo Duterte pada hari Senin mengatakan pada pertemuan puncak yang diselenggarakan oleh Presiden China Xi Jinping bahwa dia “benci” apa yang terjadi di kawanan itu minggu lalu dan bahwa supremasi hukum adalah satu-satunya jalan keluar dari barisan “kolosal” di Laut China Selatan.

China mengklaim sebagian besar Laut China Selatan sebagai miliknya, menggunakan “sembilan garis putus-putus” pada peta yang diputuskan oleh pengadilan arbitrase pada tahun 2016 tidak memiliki dasar di bawah hukum internasional.

Selama bertahun-tahun telah mengerahkan ratusan kapal dalam kelompok besar untuk memperkuat klaimnya.

Brunei, Malaysia, Filipina, Taiwan dan Vietnam memiliki klaim yang bersaing.

Bagikan di:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Related posts

Leave a Comment